A school year of healthy, waste free, visually appealing lunches.



Monday, September 20, 2010

Back From Disney World

 We are back from Disney World. The kids had so much fun, lots of family bonding. But, now we are back to the real world of dentist and doctor appointments and grocery shopping all of which I have to do today.
 The kids head back to school today which means I had to pack a healthy lunch for them. It was hard to do with very little food in the house.

Lunch for the 1st grader
Pineapple, fruit crisp bar, PB&J sandwich in the shape of Mickey Mouse (I had to cut him in half so he would fit, now he looks like a turtle) and some cheddar cheese rice snacks.

Lunch for the 11th grader
Pineapple, trail mix, PB&J pinwheels, multi-grain crackers with laughing cow cheese spread.

Stinker-bell got a few new lunch box items while we were at Disney World (could not find boy ones).
We picked this up in Japan in Epcot. It comes with a fork and spoon. The only thing I don't like about it is it is just one big box. I like compartments.
We picked this up at one of the many Disney stores. I like this one because it has gel in it so you can put it in the freezer and it will keep food cold.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to need to know where that store is to get my kids lunch boxes after the first of the year. I am making an agenda and list. :0) You have such wonderful ideas! Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete