A school year of healthy, waste free, visually appealing lunches.



Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Can it be any hotter?

 It is so hot here in Ohio. I can not wait for the cool days of fall. Someone on my facebook asked me today "How do you keep you children's lunch cold?" She has worries that her child may become ill from mayo or other foods left at room temp. My answer to that question is cold packs. I have my favorites and other leave more to be desired.
Here are two that are oh so cute but don't make the cut. They do not stay cold for very long and after repeated use the leek a unknown gel. What a mess!



My favorites are the hard sided kind. I bought the green one for 79 cents at Ikea and the other one came with my breast pump. (I have had this for 7 years) They are still cold when the kids get home from school so I know they are doing their job.

No comments:

Post a Comment